.

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

IDD - 480 Almost Over...

So, it has been up for a couple of weeks now. It’s not done, not totally at least, but it’s getting there. So far only family and the roommates has seen it. It being Sarah-JaneBolling.com. I still have to upload some things but, alas, my personal portfolio is now up on the World Wide Web.

So, I’m reading chapter 11 of Designing a Digital Portfolio, I read, I glance, I look at the pictures. And then I saw it…on page 224: Remember to KISS. All together now…awww. Yep, that’s all I have to do, remember to KISS. Now in design terms it stands for Keep It Simple, Seriously. And it is simplicity that is most important in a portfolio design. I don’t think I have a real problem with that. I talk the same way I design things, I KISS. HAHA I crack myself up sometimes….and it wasn’t even that funny…I know. But anyway… in order to keep it simple it is best to limit the color palette, not to fight with the artwork, not to fill up the page, limit the page size and to arrange ideas into groups, as well as some other KISSing ideas.

So considering school is almost done…forever…and my portfolio is getting there (slowly) I was pondering things this afternoon on my drive back here to Connecticut. I was thinking like whether or not I really did want to do this in life. Well its not like I have a choice now. I don’t like blood so I can’t be a nurse, I don’t really like math and I prefer concrete ideas so I couldn’t be a psychology major…soooo IDD was really the only option. Don’t get me wrong I’m really glad I’m here and this is what I’m doing. Heck I don’t even really know where I’m going with this. I don’t know what I will have for dinner tomorrow let alone where I will be this time next year. So all I have to do is quit worrying and just do what I have to do to finish my portfolio, get a job, and join the real world…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home