.

Tuesday, November 16, 2004

301- Ray

For this week's assignment, I visited the site Imaginary Forces.I chose to view the main titles from the movie Ray. I have not seen this movie yet, but it is high on my must-see-soon list. The opening credits begin with what appears to be blue smoke. The names of companies and people begin to appear. The ‘camera’ then pans to hands playing the piano. A microphone moves close to the screen and then fades away. Different shots of hands playing, a foot tapping and drums are shown. As the music speeds up, the hands play faster, the drum beat is a little faster and the time in between the shots is faster. In one of the final shots, the piano is shown, but it is not very clear, it isn’t until the camera pans away to see that the piano is shown reflected in the famous dark classes worn by Ray Charles.I had viewed alot of the work on the Imaginary Forces site before I settled on Ray. They were all incredible. I had never noticed the differences and similarities the commercials, station identifications, and movie credits all had. They were all unique in their own way but made with Adobe After Effects.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home