.

Tuesday, November 02, 2004

IDD 301: Election Night

For this week’s flash animation, I felt the presidential parody; This Land on the Jib Jab site would be a good choice, seeing today is in Election Day. This Flash movie has been played on every nightly newscast, and all the late night talk shows so I figured I had to see the whole thing and watch it on my computer. The creative creators of this animation incorporated real pictures as well as cartoonish shapes and objects. To view this movie now, after I have seen quite a few from different levels and genres, I can say this ‘looks’ like one of the easier animations to create. In fact, now that I think about it, unlike some of the more complicated movies which will share the same set design throughout the animation, this was constantly changing. The ‘camera’ zoomed in and out, focused on different parts of the country, showed different backgrounds. I think all were effective in relaying the message. The most important theme of this whole clip is not about who is better, it is a non partisan parody of the 2004 presidential candidates.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home