.

Tuesday, September 21, 2004

301-The day I performed knee Surgery

Upon visiting Flash Forward 2004 ., I noticed I had a wide array of different Flash movies to view. I chose the 2004 San Francisco educational winner, Virtual Knee Surgery.

I don’t like having surgery, let alone watch it on someone else, but nonetheless, that was the movie I picked. The movie was very interactive. I performed the surgery using all the tools and answered medical questions correctly. Even though the graphics seem simple and uninvolved, there are small unique qualities that set it apart from amateur movies. For example, when the doctor is talking and explaining what will take place, he taps his foot occasionally and moves his arm. I didn’t notice it though until I re-watched it.

Since I have never performed a real surgery, I can not compare the two. The movie seems to be quite accurate in the steps taken to ensure a successful surgery. It was interesting to see how involved the user can become in a Flash movie.


.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home