.

Tuesday, September 07, 2004

IDD 301- Past ... Present

I haven’t watched this many cartoons/ computer animations in a long time. This week, I made a point to do so. I’d forgotten how they looked. When I looked closer, I noticed things that I didn’t or would even think to look for or pay attention to when I was little. Throughout the week and better part of the boring weekend I watched the Disney channel and Nickelodeon and even for a bit, the Cartoon Network. It was interesting to see the simplicity of many of them. I paid attention to the different layers of cartoons. I saw which body parts moved, and when the backgrounds moved and not the subject. Over the years, cartoons as a whole have not really changed. Computer animation however has greatly improved over the past few years. Toy Story, a computer animation pioneer is so “simple” in some respects compared to Finding Nemo and Shrek. On Sunday, I watched Shrek 2. The complexity and detail that go into computer animation computers is amazing. Imagine what a few more years will do…
To go along with this past and present theme I found an interesting article on Netscape.com. Atari is re-releasing the video games that became classics. I don’t remember ever not having a computer at home. When I was little, it was some No-Name computer prior to the Atari. I grew up playing the simple games. I’m glad to see that even though times have changed and graphics are better, the originals weren’t forgotten.

Atari to re-release games

2 Comments:

At 1:04 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Good beginning, but I want to see a deeper analysis of specific animations. OK?

 
At 5:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's a good post, for sure, but make sure you are prepared for anything by checking out defibrillator heartstart home . The The Philips Heartstart Defibrillator could save your life.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home