.

Sunday, September 12, 2004

IDD 250 - Perspective

After reading the first chapter of Pause and Effect, I can honestly say I’d never been fully aware of all the interwoven forms of multimedia. Sure, I’d seen the movie references in TV Guide and the extras on the DVDs, but I’d never given it much thought before.
For reasons beyond my knowledge, I kept thinking about the Disney parks. There, they use many forms of interwoven interactivity as well as forced perspective. The buildings on Main Street are not actually 3 stories, but by the angle of the windows they can appear to be. Some rides have different forms of content for example, the Buzz Light-year ride is based on a video game. The rider scores points for all the targets that are hit with the “laser”. I guess from now on I will have to pay attention more closely to the different media forms.

Forced Perspective.


Delusion by Design: Architecture and Manipulation at Walt Disney World.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home